Sweet Travel Peru: terms & conditions
Guaranty of Sweet Travel Peru
Sweet Travel Peru was started & is being runned by the couple Yackeline Mendoza Nancay (Peruvian, and Official Tourist-Guide) & Robert Koene (Dutchman, and Nutritionist, Web-builder, and also once a tourist in Peru). Here, you can read some more about us.
Our aim is to make every stay for each of our passengers one of the best experiences of their Lives, so that they will always remember their stay in Peru as a great adventure, and always keep recommending us. Apart from ourselves, we work with different local drivers, cooks, porters, Mules, and professional guides, each of them with their own specialty.
In Peru, prices hugely depend on many (separated) aspects, so they may sometimes vary from day to day.
Charging high prices as many agencies do, would have prices to stay the same throughout the whole year ... though tours would turn out to be more expensive for you than necessary!
Also in some cases, bottom-prices can be offered ... not get fooled by, as they are due to lower quality (lack of service, wrong info by guides, bad food, dangerous transport, etc.). Beware of this: a visit to Peru is not an everyday event ... let's make it joyful, safe & special!
So, because of the fact that we charge somewhat lower prices (you can see them here), in some cases they could vary a little, due to external changes. We'd always let you know this as soon as you contact us about a tour. Once we confirm your price, it will remain unchanged. Thank you very much for your understanding.
To obtain worthwhile student's discounts, please check our page on ISIC student´s discounts. Rip-offs are also a well-known phenomenon: please read this, to be well-prepared in Peru.
Reservation with Sweet Travel Peru
You can reserve any tour or accommodation with Sweet Travel Peru, using our `book or ask-page´ (see menu above), or by email. Except for with reservations for our cheap tours, we ask for pre-payments, so that we can start moving things around, to prepare your trip in the best way. We always keep the amounts of pre-payments as low as possible, but you are free to send full payment at once, if you prefer dropping pendant things off your shoulder. We prefer to use Western Union, which is cheap, quick and completely safe (they work with codes now). For the easy steps for different payment-methods, please read. As soon as your reservation is completed, we send you a confirmation, the program, plus some very useful general information. If you'd prefer to pay us through the bank, we'd need to charge you $18 extra costs, due to transaction-costs that the bank charges us to receive a deposit. Here, you find our payment-information.
To complete full payment, it is easiest as we meet up with you as soon as you arrive in Cusco, for us to provide you some extra information, and short briefing, in case that you are to do a trek.
Changes in your schedule
As we organize a great many things for a tour, it is not always possible for us to be flexible, after you completed your reservations with us. If you would come to know a necessary change that you need to make in your schedule AFTER reserving,
please let us know as soon as possible, so we can see what is in our power to arrange for you.
Cancellation of a tour
In a very exceptional case of a so-wished tour-cancellation from your part, possible restitution of paid money would depend on the tour-arrangements that we´ve already made (paid for), and on which we base our lowly quoted pre-payments. This means that your pre-payment would be lost, in such a case. Restitution of reservations for Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu or train-rides is IMpossible in any case, as was decided by Peruvian government, who is in charge of this. Cancellation within 21 days before your tour-date would result in full payment for the tour, because of our made costs & plannings.
- We always work with Official Tourist-Guides, whose instructions should be followed by all passengers, at all times.
- Our Tourist-Guides have practical knowledge & hands-on experience about first-aid, and always have adequate first-aid
materials at hand.
- Our passengers for treks should tell us (their assigned guide) about their diets, all medicines and symptoms they might have,
to be prepared & worriless. It is passengers' responsibility to have their normal medication with them.
- Apart from these important aspects, we ask of all of our passengers to have their travel-insurances. For coverage of activities
such as mountainbiking, please ask your insurance-company.
- We will always give the best advise we have, and help whenever possible, but responsibility of personal well-being (possible
accidents included) & belongings of course always remains one's own.
- Equipment provided by Sweet Travel Peru (borrowed either rented) should be returned to us in the same state. In case of
damage, our passenger needs to pay reparation, or replacement if necessary. See your travel-insurance.
- We strongly recommend our passengers not to plan things too tightly, to prevent from any possible inconveniences. Peru is a
huge, developing country, where things as road-blocks, local festivities, and landslides (rainy season) can sometimes result into
delays. We are not responsible for missed flights or the need of changing travel-schedules. Always read the itineraries on our
web well, and coordinate with us about your best possible travel-schedule.
- We reserve the right to make changes in schedules, or even cancel tours, as a result of unexpected circumstances that could
put our passengers/our own safety at risk.
- We recommend reserving any tour that includes Machu Picchu as far in advance as possible, always together with Wayna
Picchu, if so wished.
- It's the passengers' responsibility to provide us with complete & accurate information that we may ask, in preparation of a
booked tour. The information needs to be applicable at the moment of the respective tour that is booked.